Saturday 28 January 2012

Resort Style Living


Homes Result
I don’t think there could be much better than waking up to your own resort every morning. Sipping freshly brewed coffee while relaxing on a comfy chair overlooking a beautifully manicured outdoor retreat. 

It all sounds so inviting and yet somewhat out of reach, doesn’t it? For starters, no one at my house brings me freshly brewed coffee in the morning. They’re all either in bed or already at work when I get up. 


Then there’s the issue of our house not looking like a resort, sure it’s a lovely house, but we live in it and therefore we create mess and we don’t have a cleaner that comes through on a daily basis to clean up after us and make our beds. 



Coco Republic
I have worked out that I can pretend though. Rather than getting up after pressing snooze ten times, I get up early enough to potter and relax. I make my bed as soon as I get up as I’m still half asleep and then it doesn’t feel like I’m the one that made it. I get my own cup of coffee and relax on the couch for a bit before getting ready for work. I’ve also tried to adopt a ‘clean it up now’ attitude, because by the time I tell myself ‘I’ll clean it up later’ a few times I have a really big mess to fix, then cleaning up feels like such a huge chore. 


Selecting the right type of hard and soft furnishings for your home is also really important in achieving a resort style of living. Items that require a great deal of maintenance to remain looking great have to go. The point of resort style living is to not be a slave to the maintenance of your home and garden. Low maintenance plants and minimal grass are a great option while neutral tones, clean lines, natural fibres and well selected soft furnishings are extremely important for inside the home.


Domain
Medium to strong impacts between internal colours and finishes also compliment this style beautifully. Deep dark wood combined with light bright walls and lots of natural lighting gives a laid back, relaxed feel, without being too stark and clinical. 


Woven baskets, earthy toned cushions, candles and indoor plants provide the perfect finishing touches and are inexpensive editions to this stunning theme and soften any large contrasts between light and dark, giving you your very own resort.  

No comments:

Post a Comment